Amazing 7 Secret iOS 16.4 Features Apple Won’t Tell You About available in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Apple has released a developer beta version of iOS 16.4 and public beta versions of iPadOS 16.4 and macOS Ventura 13.3.
- Some notable features in iOS 16.4 include improvements to Face ID graphics, 21 new emojis, new widgets for order tracking, upgrades to music and podcast features, and more.
- iOS 16.4 is expected to release to the public in March or April 2023, based on previous iOS beta release patterns.
The iOS 16.4 update is highly anticipated by Apple users, with several exciting features expected to be included. Apple has rolled out the iOS 16.4 beta for developers along with public beta versions of iPadOS 16.4 and macOS Ventura 13.3. While the beta versions may not be the final product, they provide insight into what we can expect in the official release. So, in this article, we’ll share everything we’ve learned from the beta release of iOS 16.4.
7 iOS 16.4 Features We Didn’t Expect
Some notable features in iOS 16.4 include the following:
Now, let’s discuss each feature in detail.
1. Face ID Graphic Improvement🆔
The Face ID graphic gets bolder and rounder in iOS 16.4. The Face ID prompt appears when users access critical and private features on their iPhones. In iOS 16.4 beta version, it has been updated from a squared look with thin lines to a rounder look with bolder lines. This newer iteration is only slightly different from its predecessors, and the change is noticeable if you pay close attention.
2. 21 New Emojis😎
A majority of iPhone users are most excited about new emojis in an iOS update. To conform with the Unicode 15.0 Standard, Apple has released 21 new emojis in iOS 16.4. You can see how these emojis are expected to look in the image above. However, some emojis may undergo changes in the final release.
Here’s a list of all emojis that will be appearing in iOS 16.4:
- Shaking face
- Light blue heart
- Grey heart
- Pink heart
- Rightwards pushing hand
- Leftwards pushing hand
- Moose face
- Black bird
- Hyacinth flower
- Ginger root
- Folding hand fan
- Hair pick
- Khanda sword and shield symbol
- Wireless network symbol
If you cannot see any of these emojis, it’s time to update your iOS version, as these emojis will only be visible if you have updated to iOS 16.4.
3. Push Notifications for Webapps on Home Screen🔔
Apple started working on incorporating built-in web notifications in iOS 15.4, but the feature was not mentioned in the final release notes of iOS 15.4 and was silently removed. However, with the release of iOS 16.4, the feature is now officially available.
The only catch is that in order to receive push notifications from a web app, the app must first be added to the Home Screen. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit a website that sends notifications.
- Click the Share icon.
- Select Add to Home Screen.
Once added, you can use the web app and allow its notifications when prompted. You can also mirror these web app notifications to an Apple Watch.
4. New Widgets for Order Tracking📦
iOS 16.4 has introduced a new Wallet Order Tracking widget. It is a convenient and easy way to keep track of your orders on the home screen. To use the new Wallet order tracking widget in iOS 16.4, follow these steps:
- Touch and hold the home screen background until the app icons start to wiggle.
- Press the + (plus) icon in the upper left corner to open the widget gallery.
- Scroll down to select Wallet in the list.
- Choose the Order Tracking widget and swipe through the available orders.
5. A TON of Music and Podcasts Upgrades🎶
According to the latest news from Apple, the iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, and macOS, 13.3 updates will bring new features to the Podcasts app. These features include Channels in the library, Up Next improvements, and more precise analytics for creators. These new features for the Podcasts app will be beneficial for both listeners and creators of podcasts.
The Music app is also getting a number of minor updates, including the following:
- Your profile picture now appears on all tabs in the top-right corner instead of only on the homepage (Listen Now tab).
- You get an acknowledgment at the screen’s bottom when you favorite ⭐️ an artist.
- The large Play Next acknowledgment has shrunk to a small one at the bottom.
- The Sort button has been redesigned to its symbol ↑↓.
- The music waveform with 4 bars has been redesigned to 5 vertical bars hinged at their centers. They also dance to the song’s beat.
6. Ability to Filter Apple Card Transactions💲
iOS 16.4 includes the ability to filter Apple Card transactions in the Wallet app. To access the ability to filter transactions, follow these steps:
- Open the Wallet app.
- Select your Apple Card.
- Here, you should see the option to filter your transactions by categories.
- You can filter your Apple Card transactions in Wallet by the following categories:
- Refunds and Adjustments
7. Apple Support Link When iPhone’s Disabled📵
Starting from iOS 16.4, if an iPhone becomes disabled, a link containing all the information needed to reset it will be displayed. Apple does not openly advertise this feature, but it can be useful for those who may encounter a disabled iPhone.
Your iPhone can become disabled for the following durations after every failed passcode attempt:
- 1 min after 6 failed passcode attempts
- 5 mins after the 7th attempt
- 15 mins after the 8th attempt
- 1 hr after the 10th attempt
The iOS 16.4 update is shaping up to be a significant upgrade with several exciting features. From a ton of new emojis to new widgets for order tracking, Apple users have a lot to look forward to. While it is unclear when the official release will be, the public beta versions provide a sneak peek of what’s to come. As always, Apple fans eagerly anticipate the latest updates and features of each new version of iOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will all iPhone models have access to the iOS 16.4 update?
Yes, the update will be accessible to all devices compatible with iOS 16. So, unless you have the iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy the all-new iOS 16.4
When will the iOS 16.4 update release publicly?
The iOS 16.4 update is expected to be available for download by consumers in March or April of 2023. However, there has been no official announcement about the release date yet.
How can I get iOS 16.4 beta?
To get the iOS 16.4 beta, you need to sign up for Apple’s Developer Program, download the beta profile, and update your device through the software update settings. However, it’s important to note that beta software can be unstable and may contain bugs, so it’s recommended only for advanced users and not for use on primary devices.